Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the good people in Missouri. The tornado that hit Joplin on Sunday was absolutely devastating. I was just in southwestern Missouri last week, visiting a school in Branson. The people I met on my trip were warm and wonderful. The land was beautiful. My condolences go out to everyone who lost family, friends, & homes in the disaster.

Thank you to Cynthia Matzat for arranging my Missouri visit and for her brilliant organizational skills & hospitality. Here we are having a chicken & dumplings dinner at Lambert's Cafe - a fun establishment where your dinner rolls are literally thrown at you by the wait staff.

Left to Right: Stefanie McKoy (3rd Grade teacher), Kolby (Buzz Lightyear Fan), Salley Doherty (Music teacher), Cindy Matzak (Media Center teacher), and myself (eating fried okra for the first time).









GRACE FOR PRESIDENT is proud to be a 2010-2011 Missouri Show Me Reader Award Nominee!

No comments:

Post a Comment